Men's Ice Hockey Falls To Dartmouth, 6-3, As ECAC Hockey First-Round Series Goes To Game 3

HAMDEN, CONN. - The Quinnipiac University men's ice hockey team lost to Dartmouth, 6-3, in the second game of the Bobcats' best-of-three ECAC Hockey tournament series at the TD Bank Sports Center. The Bobcats and Big Green hit the ice on Sunday, March 7 at 7 p.m.

Freshmen Bobby Tyson (The Woodlands, Texas) and D'Arcy Oakes (Shanty Bay, Ont.) scored for Quinnipiac, with Oakes also picking up an assist, while Jean-Marc Beaudoin (St. Paul, Alb.) scored late in the game. Dartmouth's Matt Reber had two goals and three assists while Scott Fleming added a goal and four assists in the Big Green's win.

"I give Dartmouth a lot of credit," head coach Rand Pecknold said. "Their backs were against the wall and they came out to play tonight. They won battles, they won races and they just played better than us."

Dartmouth's Paul Lee netted his fourth goal of the season on a pass from Alex Goodship to put the Big Green out in front, 1-0, less than three minutes into the game. The score stood through the first period before Dartmouth came-out firing in the second. Dartmouth rattled off three goals, by Doug Jones, Adam Estoclet and reber, to jump out to a commanding 4-0 lead with just under four minutes to play in the second period. Two of the three goals came on the power play. For the game, Dartmouth was 3-for-3 with a man-advantage.

Tyson's first career goal came with just under two minutes to play in the second period. At the 18:44 mark, Ben Arnt (Oakdale, Minn.) handled the puck behind the Dartmouth goal before sending it to Oakes. Oakes then sent a pass across-ice to Tyson at the point who unleashed a shot from above the left face-off circle. The shot beat Dartmouth goalie James Mello over his right shoulder to put Quinnipiac on the board.

Less than five minutes into the third period, Oakes scored his fifth goal of the season with an assist going to Ben Ketchum (Stamford, Conn.), for his first career point. Ketchum put a shot on goal from close-range that was stopped by Mello and collected by Oakes on the doorstep.

With 10 minutes to play in the game, Fleming and Reber both scored within two minutes of each other, with Flemings coming on the power play. The junior center took a pass from Reber and roofed a shot over Clarke to give Dartmouth a 5-2 lead. Reber's fifth goal of the season came with 11:57 to play, with Fleming picking up an assist.

With less than two minutes to play in regulation, Beaudoin scored his 14th goal of the year with assists credited to Greg Holt (Mt. Sinai, N.Y.) and Zach Davies (Smithers, B.C.). Davies handled the puck from the point and dropped a pass to Holt along the half-boards. Holt then sent a pass through the Dartmouth zone to Beaudoin on the opposite post. Holt's assist was his 18th of the year, while Davies picked up his 10th.

Quinnipiac returns to action against on Sunday, March 7 at 7 p.m. for the third and final game of the ECAC Hockey Championship First-Round Series at the TD Bank Sports Center in Hamden, Conn. Bobcat fans can purchase tickets by calling the TD Bank Sports Center Ticket Office at 203-582-3905. Tickets can also be purchased online at the Official Website of Quinnipiac Athletics,