Box Score HAMDEN, Conn. –
The Quinnipiac Bobcats downed the Saint Peter's Peacocks, 3-0, on Saturday, Oct. 20. Three different Bobcats recorded double-digit kills in the win, and Kat Miller
led the way 10 kills and 13 digs hitting .348. Miller had now recorded 10 double-doubles this season.
Quinnipiac 3, Saint Peter's 0 (25-22, 25-16, 26-24)
Quinnipiac (5-17, 4-8 MAAC) | Saint Peter's (6-20, 3-9 MAAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
FIRST SET (Quinnipiac 25, Saint Peter's 22)
SECOND SET (Quinnipiac 25, Saint Peter's 16)
- The Bobcats dominated much of the set, highlighted by a phenomenal set by Gabby Horman who had five kills and three blocks in the set.
- After Saint Peter's took a 3-2 lead to open the first, the Bobcats rattled off five straight points to take a 7-3 lead after two Saint Peter's attack errors and two bad sets by the Peacocks
- The two teams traded points until Saint Peter's went on a 4-0 run to tie the match on a Karen Ramiu kill
- The Peacocks won three of the next four points to take a 12-10 lead before the Bobcats went on a roll with eight straight points to jump out to an 18-12 lead thanks to four kills from Morgan Sherwin (Coplay, Pennsylvania)
- With Quinnipiac leading 24-17, Saint Peter's didn't go down without a fight as it won five straight points before Quinnipiac called a timeout leading 24-22
- Kaleigh Oates (Downingtown, Pennsylvania) closed out the set win with a kill
THIRD SET (Quinnipiac 26, Saint Peter's 24)
- The second set was all Quinnipiac despite an early Saint Peter's lead
- Both teams battled back-and-forth through the first part of the set, trading points before Saint Peter's took a 9-6 lead
- Quinnipiac followed up with four straight points to regain a 10-9 lead from two Gabby Horman kills
- The Bobcats heated up after the Peacocks tied the match, 12-12, by winning seven of the next eight points to take a 20-13 lead
- Oates led the way with three kills in that stretch to help extend the lead
- Quinnipiac won five of the next eight points for the dominant win
- The Bobcats jumped out to a 3-1 lead early in the third set as Horman and Sherwin each recorded kills
- Neither team could distance themselves as the set progressed before Saint Peter's went on a couple short runs to take an 18-14 lead late
- Quinnipiac won five of the next six points to tie the match, 19-19, and force a Saint Peter's timeout
- Sherwin recorded three of the five points in the run with kills to tie up the match
- After the Peacocks recorded two points and the Bobcats called a timeout to re-set momentum
- Saint Peter's had the Bobcats on the ropes at set point, 24-23, but Oates recorded back-to-back kills to reclaim a 25-24 lead for Quinnipiac
- The Peacocks called their final timeout of the set but it wasn't enough as Maggie Baker (Huntington Beach, California) ended the match with a thunderous kill
QUINNIPIAC MATCH LEADERS
- Kat Miller recorded her 10th double-double of the season with 10 kills and 13 digs.
- Morgan Sherwin also tallied double-digit kills with 15 and had a hitting percentage of .452.
- Maria Pansari tallied 39 assists in the win.
- Gabby Horman had a solid offensive match with 11 kills, hitting .500.
- Kills: M. Sherwin (15)
- Blocks: G. Horman (6)
- Assists: Pansari (39)
- Digs: K. Miller (13)
The Bobcats have organized the annual Dig Pink match for Sunday, Oct. 21 against Rider. The team will be selling snacks and desserts, taking donations and drawing a raffle winner throughout the match. The first 30 students will also receive free pizza. Cash donations will be accepted, and a Venmo account will be set up. All proceeds will go to the Sideout Foundation and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.