Quinnipiac Bobcats (2-2) at
Harvard Crimson (2-1)
Saturday, October 6th, 2018 • 12:00 PM
Roberto A Mignone Field | Cambridge, Massachusetts
LIVE VIDEO- ESPN ($)
. - The Quinnipiac women's rugby team will head north to Cambridge, Massachusetts for its second showdown of the season with the Harvard Crimson. The game can be seen live on ESPN on October 6th. Kickoff is slated for 12 PM.
LAST TIME OUT
LAST TIME THESE TWO TEAMS MET (HARVARD 32, QUINNIPIAC 19)
- The Bobcats kept their momentum rolling as they picked up a 33-10 victory over the Notre Dame College Falcons.
- Roskopf scored one try in the opening frame of the match, pushing the captain's total to five tries.
- Maples scored one try on the game. She now has five tries on the season and has a try in four-straight games.
- Both captains, Maples and Roskopf, are tied for the team lead in tries with five scores so far in 2018.
- Koenig's try to give the Bobcats the 19-0 lead was the freshman's first-career try as part of the Bobcats.
- Vella recorded her third-career try in the Bobcats' second try of the game. Vella had a try in the first game of the season against Harvard and one in Quinnipiac's win against Norwich.
- Rose's try was her first of the 2018 season. In 2017, the junior had 40 tackles for the Bobcats.
- Haz struck for four out of five conversions on the day to push her 2018 total to 11.
- The Bobcats and the Crimson met in the first game of the 2018 season. Harvard scored early and held the lead throughout most of the game, coming out on top, 32-19.
- Maples, Vella and Lemal-Brown all scored tries for the Bobcats.
- Haz converted on two tries on the afternoon in her first collegiate match.
- Roskopf had an assist on the Vella try that pulled the Bobcats within striking distance.
- Vella and Lemal-Brown each struck for their first tries in the blue and gold during the opening game of 2018.
The Crimson and the Bobcats will face off for the second time this season (see above for a recap of their last showdown). Harvard is coming off of its first loss of 2018, a 55-13 loss to Dartmouth last weekend. Senior Harkavy and freshman Sofie Fella each found the try zone for the Crimson in the loss.
OH CAPTAINS MY CAPTAINS
and Mikah Maples
has combined for 10 tries so far this season. Roskopf struck for the first try of the game against NDC after ripping off a three-try performance in the Bobcats' first victory of 2018. Maples is currently on a four-game try streak after notching another try against Notre Dame late in the second half.
WOAH WOAH WOAH MARGOT
Freshman Margot Vella
currently stands second on the team in tries with three trips to the try zone so far this season. The speedy wing has burst onto the scene as a big-time player for the Bobcats scoring tries against Harvard, Norwich and NDC just this past week.
The Bobcats have a wealth of talent returning, including All-American Emily Roskopf
, who will be trying to pull off the rare feat of winning four national titles in four years of college (along with fellow senior Caitria Sands
). Junior Mikah Maples
also emerged as a significant offensive weapon last season, scoring twice in both the NIRA Semifinals and Finals, while last year's freshman class, led by regular starters Carson Hann
, Destiny Henry
and Jordan Cowan
, had an immediate impact on last year's national title team and will take on even larger roles as sophomores.