WEST LONG BRANCH, New Jersey
– Two first half goals and two more in a 75-second span in the second half pushed MAAC-leading Monmouth over the Quinnipiac women's soccer team on Saturday afternoon in West Long Branch, New Jersey.
Monmouth 4 – Quinnipiac 1
Hesse Field at the Great Lawn | West Long Branch, New Jersey
Quinnipiac (6-6-1, 3-2-1 MAAC) / Monmouth (10-3-1, 5-1-0 MAAC)
- (11' – Monmouth 1, Quinnipiac 0): Dana Scheriff started the game's scoring after a flurry of early chances for the Bobcats. The CLASS buried a shot inside the far post and gave Monmouth a lead they would not relinquish.
- (33' – Monmouth 2, Quinnipiac 0): A'Liah Moore doubled the Hawks lead on a tap in goal after Alli Deluca and Madie Gibson worked to get the ball through traffic inside the 6-yard box.
- (50' – Monmouth 3, Quinnipiac 0): Scheriff earned the brace in style as she ran onto a wide ball on the left side and sent a screamer into the right upper 90 of the goal.
- (51' – Monmouth 4, Quinnipiac 0): Gibson, the reigning MAAC Player of the Year tallied her fifth of the season just 48 seconds after Scheriff's rocket.
- (69' – Monmouth 4, Quinnipiac 1): Quinnipiac captain Jess Gargan received a well-played through ball from freshman Gretchen Kron and sent it into the far side of the goal to get the Bobcats on the board.
- Gargan's goal was her first of the season and seventh of her career. As a defender, the Ireland native scored her first goal since the 2016 season.
- Kron's assist was the first of her career. The freshman scored her first collegiate goal in an August win at Bryant.
- The Bobcats have dropped consecutive games in MAAC play for the first time since October 15 & 19, 2016 at Monmouth and Siena. Prior to this week, they were 5-0-1 since their last loss, which came on September 3 vs. Harvard.
- Both teams put 15 shots towards the goal, with the Bobcats edging the Hawks in shots on target, 10-9.
- The game included 29 fouls, essentially split between the two teams. 15 for Monmouth and 14 for the Bobcats.
- Quinnipiac's Katrina Friedman and Monmouth's Jill Conklin received yellow cards in the second half of the contest.
- The Bobcats return to action on Saturday, Oct. 13, as they host Canisius College for a 12:00 PM start.