HAMDEN, Conn. -
Quinnipiac men's basketball fell vs. Hartford, 68-54, on Thursday night in the Bobcats' 2018-19 home opener on Lender Court at People's United Center in Hamden.
(Los Angeles, California) led the way for Quinnipiac, recording a team-high 17 points and adding six rebounds while Kevin Marfo
(Bergenfield, New Jersey) posted 10 rebounds, including five on the offensive end, in his first game on Lender Court.
QUOTING HEAD COACH BAKER DUNLEAVY
"Obviously a disappointing result here, it's disappointing to play the way we played. Our guys came out tentative, but hopefully we can learn from this type of result and improve. Now we've got to dig in and get better from tonight."
Hartford 68, Quinnipiac 54
Lender Court at People's United Center | Hamden, Conn.
Quinnipiac (0-2) | Hartford (1-3)
QUINNIPIAC STATISTICAL LEADERS
- Quinnipiac shot 20-of-58 from the floor in total (34.5 percent). The Bobcats went 8-for-29 from 3-point range, hitting six of eight shots from distance in the second half of action.
- John Carroll had 22 points to lead Hartford, going 8-for-13 from the floor.
- The Bobcats went on a 10-1 run over 4:47 in the second half, cutting the deficit to seven points.
- Young's 17-point performance came via a 6-for-18 shooting night – going 4-for-9 from 3-point range. The graduate student has recorded 29 straight games with double-digit point totals dating back to last season.
- Marfo had four points and 10 rebounds, his first double-digit rebound game at Quinnipiac.
- The Bobcats outscored Hartford in the paint (22-18) and total bench points (11-8).
- Aaron Robinson (Takoma Park, Maryland) recorded eight points and three rebounds, going 3-for-8 from the floor in almost 30 minutes played.
- Freshman Tyrese Williams (Beacon, New York) had seven points, four rebounds and two assists.
- The Bobcats shot 5-for-21 from 3-point distance and went 10-for-16 from the foul line.
- Abdulai Bundu (Upper Marlboro, Md.) recorded six points and three rebounds on 3-of-6 shooting.
- The Bobcats return to action on Tuesday, Nov. 20, traveling to New Hampshire in non-conference action. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.